Pizza for breakfast? This tasty breakfast pizza bagel recipe is one of our favourites. In just under 15 minutes you can have a savoury bagel bites for a filling breakfast. You can get as creative as you like with this recipe adding any precooked meat of your choice, vegetables, cheese and your favourite garnish. It is also suitable for meal prep!
for 2 servings
- 2 plain bagels
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Start by whisking together 4 eggs, salt, pepper, heavy cream and chilli flakes.
- Heat a skillet pan over medium heat and add butter. Then add the egg mixture, scramble eggs for 2 minutes. Then add chives.
- Cut bagels in even halves then add crumbled precooked bacon. Then add the scrambled eggs. (You can precook bacon in the oven, microwave or on a frying pan, these can also be bought in your local grocery store). You can add as much bacon as you like.
- Add the cheddar cheese mix over the bacon and eggs. Sprinkle with oregano and then to the oven for 7 minutes.
Meal Prep Tip: Wrap each pizza bagel tightly in saran wrap then foil paper-freeze. To reheat, dispose of foil and bake for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.