Asun (Grilled Goat Meat) is a great recipe to enjoy any day – try this homemade recipes grilled meat for a taste explosion. Cook these seasoned meat on the barbecue or under the grill and serve with your favourite dish or as side dish. This asun goat Meat recipe with smoky chilli kick will crown you the king of the grill during summer cookouts!
- 1.5kg goat meat, with the skin
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 scotch bonnet (or any hot pepper of your choice)
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3 big stock cubes
- Bell pepper mix
- Salt to taste
Preparation of Asun (Grilled Goat Meat)
- Cut the goat meat into chunks. Make sure to cut the chunks with the goat skin. If the skin is not there, it won’t give that authentic asun flavour. the real deal Asun.
- Wash and put the goat meat chunks in a bowl. Season with salt, thyme, black pepper, seasoning cubes and chopped onions. (Feel free to use other meat spices and seasonings). Place in the fridge and nd leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- After marinating for about 1 hour or so, put the meat in a pot, add water to just half of the level of the meat, add sliced onions and cook on medium heat. Cook with just enough water, because you want the water to dry up by the time the goat meat is well done. Increase the heat to high and stir constantly till all the remaining liquid in the pot is absorbed – pouring away the goat meat stock will make the meat lose some flavour.
- Lay the goat meat flat on your oven rack and grill in the oven at 180°C till the meat is brown all over – turn from time to time to make sure its grilled all over. This takes about maximum of 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut the bell peppers, chop scotch bonnet and onions. Add the Vegetable oil in a frying pan/wok sauce and heat it. When it’s hot, add the bell peppers, hot peppers and onions and saute. Add the seasoning and salt to taste.
- Add the grilled goat meat and stir very well till the pepper is evenly distributed on the goat meat. Stir-fry for about roughly 5-6 minutes.
- Your Asun is ready.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.