This Crispy chicken waffle sandwich recipe is incredibly easy. Fried chicken and waffles is truly a special combination. keep the chicken crispy and moist. The waffles themselves are delicious on their own. Sandwich of your dreams!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 teaspoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- cooking spray, for waffle iron
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and black pepper.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk together. Pour into the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter and buttermilk. Using a wooden spoon, stir the waffle batter until just combined. It
- should be sightly lumpy. If the batter appears to be too thick, add a little more of buttermilk and stir until
- pouring consistency is reached.
- Mix in the cooked chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onions.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Pour in about ½ cup batter in each waffle cavity. Cook until the waffles are golden brown and crispy.
- Place the cooked waffles on a cooling rack, set over a baking sheet. Place in a 200° F oven to keep the waffles warm until ready to eat.
Ingredients: Fried Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Light oil for frying
- Pour canola oil into deep fryer and begin to heat up.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Cover with buttermilk and add the hot sauce, if using.
- Toss together until evenly mixed and all the chicken is submerged in the buttermilk. Cover with plastic
- In a shallow dish combine the cornstarch, flour, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and black
- To coat the chicken, grab a piece from the buttermilk bowl, slightly drain off, and throw into the
- cornstarch and flower mixture. Pat the mixture into the chicken, on both sides.
- Return to the buttermilk bowl, and coat both sides again. Place the chicken
- back into the flour, once more, and coat both sides.
- Lay the coated chicken on a rack placed over a baking sheet. Allow the coated chicken to rest for at least
- 10 minutes.
- Place one piece of coated chicken into the heated deep fryer oil.
- Fry for 7 min. Remove from oil and allow to drain on a cooling rack. Repeat process until all pieces of chicken have been fried.
The sandwich – Place a piece of cheddar cheese on the chicken and let melt in your already heated oven. Take that piece of chicken and put it on one quarter of a waffle. Top with tomato and lettuce, and whatever salad you desire. Spread with sauce of your choice. Let your mouth enjoy the orgasmic experience!
Share this with your friends using the share buttons below.
You may also like: How To Prepare Jamaican Beef Stew