This is An African dishes delight. Porridge yam aka yam pottage, Potash, Asaro is enjoyed throughout West Africa. It is also known as Sese Yams (Turning yams) in Cameroon. It’s an easy one-pot meal made easy with yam and local rich ingredients.
- Yam tuber (peeled, washed and cubed)
- 2 Maggi cubes
- 2 Tablespoons palm oil
- Dried fish
- Blended crayfish
- Dried pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Assorted Meats (Shaki Ponmo, Cow leg, Goat meat,etc)
*Salt to taste
- Peel yam with a sharp knife, peeling away from your body carefully draw the paring knife down the body of the yam.
- Cut into large chunks and wash immediately to prevent discoloration.
- Add yam cubes to a pot, pour in enough water to just cover the yam. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, with a wooden spoon break the yam down by gently mashing
- Add in the left over ingredients. combine
- Reduce heat to minimum, cover the pot and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
See more Food recipes