Looking for something a bit different for your dinner recipes? This traditionally fries sticky chicken and fresh sauce is just what you need. A favourite Chinese takeout among many – tender chicken slices soaked in a tasty mixture of barbecue sauce. An amazing chicken recipe with flavours reminiscent of the orange chicken from your favourite Chinese restaurant. How to cook? Whisk up your sauce – a ridiculously easy and tasty way to end your day.
See more Food recipes
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (desired quantity)
- 3 cup cornstarch (or white wheat flour)
- 1 large orange (freshly squezed orange juice)
- Soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- Barbecue sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Minced garlic
- Green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken thighs, then cut them into small pieces/chicken cubes.
- Combine the fresh orange juice with soy sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, chilli pepper flakes. Combine the egg, cornstarch/flour and whisk all until the mixture is smooth. Add the chicken shake vigorously until chicken is well-coated with the mixture.
- Add oil to a large cooking pan or wok pan, on medium heat, add the marinated chicken and stir-fry until lightly golden on all sides.
- Add barbecue and soy sauce, add chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over freshly cooked rice, garnished with sliced green onions and any side dish of your choice.