This healthy lo mein is packed with fresh crunchy vegetables. Lo mein is one of our all-time favourite Chinese dishes, and it couldn’t be easier to make! With a handful of ingredients and about 10 minutes of your stir-fry skills will result in this Chinese classic that’s less effort than rummaging around for a takeaway menu in the first place. Exploring new quick and easy dinner recipes? This homemade quick and easy lo mein is far fresher and more flavoursome!
- Dry ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 3 fresh onions (white and green)
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 handful of fresh mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 minced chili
- 1 fresh hot pepper, sliced
- 1 broccoli
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
* In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and set aside.
View this post on Instagram
I’m always this serious when plating vegetable Lo Mein ???? .. but dang, it looks good right?! ??????❤️ Who wants some?? ??♀️ . . . Grab the recipe here! Click on the link in my profile: ?????? (video coming soon!): https://hipfoodiemom.com/2014/08/14/quick-and-easy-vegetable-lo-mein-2/ . . . #tastingtable #asianfood #lomein #vegetarianfood #vegetarian #noodles #veggielover #realfood #thenewhealthy #f52grams #eattheworld #foodandwine #foodgawker #delicious #deliciousfood #foodstagram #foodblogger #foodblog #foodblogfeed #instavideo #instafood @thefeedfeed #feedfeed #eeeeeats #video #foodvideo #food #heresmyfood @food #fbcigers @foodnetwork
- Cook the noodles as described on the package. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop/slice the vegetables in tiny bits and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the ginger, the onions, the chili and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, then stir in the noodles and the sauce and cook for another 4 minutes – with the vegetables still fresh and crunchy.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
NB: We only used vegetables in this recipe, but feel free to use eggs, chicken, beef, shrimp or anything else to twist the recipe to your delight.