Have you been looking for fun roast recipes? Our roast chicken in honey BBQ sauce is a mixture of sweet, smoky and spicy. Marinated overnight in a honey BBQ marinade for that extra juicy texture. Then Roasted to perfection and continuously basted in its own juices. Every bite of chicken is crispy on the outside and tender juicy goodness on the inside. This roast dish recipe goes well with baked potato wedges.
for 2 servings
- 1lb drumsticks
- 1tsp dry herds
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp ground pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp chicken seasoning
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- Baked potato wedges
- Start by rinsing chicken and pat dry with paper towel. In a large bowl/zip lock refrigerator bag combine all dry seasoning and herbs and gently massage into the chicken.
- Combine honey, dark soy and half bottle of BBQ sauce together and pour over chicken. Allow chicken to vibe out in the refrigerator overnight-preferably. Or let it rest for 1 hour and cook straight away.
- Preheat oven to 300C. Grease baking trey and transfer chicken. Bake for 20 mins and check occasionally, use a spoon/turkey baster to add sauce on top of the chicken do this up to 4 times between 40 mins.
- Drain sauce into a sauce pan reduce it over high heat and stir in chilli flakes and 1tbsp honey. Once thick add this mixture to the chicken, return to oven to broil for 10 mins. Once done allow to sit for 10 mins before serving.
- Serve this beautiful and finger licking roast chicken with a side of roasted potato wedges. A combination that never goes wrong.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.