This is a simple homemade banana bread recipe to make and a fantastic way to use any leftover bananas. This tasty spongy fruit bread is perfect for a weekend feast, this vegan-friendly snack/dessert only needs a few ingredients and can be ready in under 2 hours.
- All-purpose flour
- Mashed ripe bananas (3 large bananas)
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Apricot jam or orange marmalade
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Brown sugar
- Lightly grease loaf/baking pan. Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Get a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix until all smooth.
- Then combine with the mashed bananas, jam, honey, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Then add the flour, and stir just until smooth.
- Spoon batter into the prepared baking/loaf pan. Smoothing the top, and allow to rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Bake bread for about 40 minutes. To prevent over browning, gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top. Then bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven. Use long toothpick or cake tester and insert into the center should come out clean or with a few wet crumbs. However, the tester shouldn’t show any sign of uncooked batter. Otherwise bake bread for additional 5 minutes or more until its finely done.
- Allow bread to cool in the pan, then remove it from the pan, and cool it completely on a rack.
- Slice and service with your favourite drink, hot or cold.
See more Food recipes