Start your day the Mexican way with this tempting breakfast chicken burrito – a hearty breakfast that will keep you full all morning. This step-by-step chicken burrito bowl recipe is easy enough for teens to make themselves. Loaded with spiced oven grilled chicken, rice and beans, fresh salad leaves and an optional dollop of soured cream. This chicken burrito bowl food will take your taste buds to a whole other level. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge and avocado slices.
- Boneless chicken (chicken breasts)
- Olive oil
- Onion, sliced
- Sweet peppers, chopped
- Black beans (kidney beans)
- Sweet corn
- Seasoning (Maggi or Knorr)
- Fresh lettuce to garnish
- Cooked rice (brown or white)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- Cook the rice fresh and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Season and coat the chicken with hot pepper, garlic, seasoning cubes, onion. Add salt to taste – drizzle the chicken with oil.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray and put in the over – bake for about 25 minutes. Cook until chicken is done and has browned.
- When the chicken is done, allow to cool, before slicing into strips.
- Serving: dish rice in eating bowl and top with chicken mixture, beans, sweet corn and drizzle with your favourite cream sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge and avocado slices.
See more Food recipes