These sausage French toast rolls by Life Made Simple are just perfect for breakfast or brunch. Serve them up drizzled them maple syrup and, or a dusting with powdered sugar. Alternatively, you can dip with your favourite dipping sauce. Enjoy this delicious finger food.
- 8 maple, brown sugar or plain breakfast sausage links, fully cooked
- 8 slices sandwich bread (white, wheat etc.), crust cut off
- 2 large eggs
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Set a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- In a small dish, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread in the mixture, then place a sausage on the front edge of the bread. Tightly roll up, pressing to seal the end.
- Place the butter in the preheated skillet, once melted, add the rolls seam side down. Cook for 2 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side, then turn and cook for 2 minutes on 2 more sides.
- Remove from the heat and serve with syrup and/or powdered sugar, if desired.
See more Food recipes