This tasty fruity buttermilk pancakes step-by-step recipe is made with honey and juicy berries and packed with baked banana, blueberries and walnuts. Light and fluffy pancakes served with a drizzle of cream and maple syrup. An indulgent breakfast that makes for delicious start to the day.
for 6 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (350g)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups buttermilk (720ml)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 100g fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 100g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, plus more to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Baked banana, to serve
- Using a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk to finely combine.
- Use a bowl or measuring cup to whisk buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth.
- Now add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently incorporating with a spatula. Do not to overmix to avoid dense pancakes.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium-low heat. Once the butter heats up and begins to bubble, add about ⅓ cup (80 ml) of batter to the pan.
- Cook until the top side begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with baked banana, topped with the fruits, nuts, and your favourite syrup and cream, if desired.
See more Food recipes