Take a break from the usual everyday bread with this delicious moist cornbread recipe that is baked to perfection. Here’s an easy recipe below.
- All-purpose flour
- Yellow cornmeal
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Red sweet pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease skillet or baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Add chopped red sweet pepper and corn to dry ingredients and stir. Add wet ingredients and dry ingredients together – stir until well combined. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden on top and toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert onto serving dish. Cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious bread!
See more Food recipes