Love shrimp and asparagus combination? This is one of the simple healthy recipes for you to recreate your favorite Chinese restaurant for take-out menu. Here’s how it’s made.
- Raw shrimp
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh asparagus (cut into 2 or 3)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Salt to taste
Tip: You can substitute asparagus with any vegetable of your choice.
- In frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes, turning them over to cook both sides until shrimp begins to turn pink. Remove from frying pan and place aside.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons of oil in same frying pan with medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp. Season asparagus with salt (adjust to taste). Add ginger and garlic and stir to combine with asparagus and cook for about 50 seconds.
- Pour in lemon juice mixture into frying pan with asparagus, add shrimp – stir all together for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and serve while hot. Enjoy it with rice, or just with your favorite drink!
See more Food recipes