Assorted Meat Pepper Soup With Fish is a tasty irresistible delicacy made from a wide variety of meat and fish. A true life of Nigerian party! Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
- Assorted meat (desired quantity)
- Fish (hake, dried fish)
- Onion, sliced
- Minced garlic and ginger
- Pepper soup spice
- Seasoning (Knorr or Maggi)
- Mint/scent leaves
- Hot pepper (Scotch Bonnet, Cayenne or your preference)
- Salt to taste
- Wash meat and fish thoroughly. Use warm water and salt to get off the slime. Get rid of unwanted bits.
- Keep the fish aside. Transfer meat into cooking pot. Spice and season it with sliced onion, garlic, thyme, ginger, seasoning cubes. Do not add any water, cover the pot and bring to boil on medium heat for about 15 minutes. This allows the meat to steam with its own sweat and absorb the spices.
- After the meat has steamed, add enough water to cover the meat and cook until meat is tender.
- Add the fish and stir in the pepper soup spice, hot pepper (blended or chopped), seasoning cubes. Add salt to taste. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. You may need to add some more water if the water has dried – the water should always be enough to cover the meat and fish. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add a handful of scent/mint leaves. Allow to simmer on reduced heat for 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot alone with your favorite drink. Alternatively, it can be served with white rice or boiled yam. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes