This is a South African dish packed with tender cooked chicken and potatoes full of flavourful spices. This is a very rich and delicious delicacy popular in South Africa. We have put together, some tips and the complete recipe. Enjoy!
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Chicken thighs or breast, cut into eatable chunks
- Curry powder
- Bouillon cubes/powder/liquid
- Minced ginger and garlic
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Ground turmeric, cumin, and coriander
- Potatoes, peeled and cut in fours
- Fresh curry leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until softened. Then add garlic and ginger, keep stirring to avoid burning. Add all the remaining spices, put chopped tomatoes, plus the paste and bouillon cubes/powder. Pour little water and stir.
- Add the chicken, and cover them with the sauce. Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 30 mins. Stir it up, add the potatoes and cook uncovered for until they are tender. Stir in the curry and mint leaves, simmer for about 3 mins and put out the head.
Serve hot with your favorite rice. Enjoy!
See more Food & Drinks recipes.