Valentine’s Day may fall on a work day, but you can still spoil your partner. Whip up a speedy breakfast, quick and easy brunch or dessert with this quick and easy homemade recipe. Treat that special someone with this warm Belgian waffle, served with a scoop of delicious gelato and a drizzle of dark chocolate. A classic waffle recipe with a twist – the mashed bananas for extra rich flavour. This is a dream Valentines treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of milk
- Melted butter
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract, or plain yogurt
- Dark chocolate
- Use a large bowl to whisk together flour, baking soak, sugar and salt. Mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Use another large bowl to mix eggs, vanilla, melted butter, milk. Add in the mashed bananas and mix until well combined. Now stir in the dry ingredient mixture with the wet mix. Continue to mix until finely combined.
- Heat waffle iron and grease with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Pour batter to hot waffle iron and cook for about 3-5 minutes until both sides are light golden.
- Transfer done waffle to a plate and repeat step 4 with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with your favourite gelato and chocolate topping. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes