Want a tasty healthy dinner homemade recipes that is quick and easy to make? Try this flavorsome Nigerian fried rice recipe with a twist. This colourful fried rice with vegetables is a great way to more merry with the holiday season. A simple rice recipe that offers a delicious taste with minimum fuss – perfect mix of shrimp, rice and vegetables.
See more Food recipes
- 4 cups of rice
- 2 cups of frozen mixed veg
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 cup of cooked chicken
- 1 scotch bonnet deseeded
- 1/3 cup shrimp
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp maggi
- 2 tbsp OSK spice mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
We also recommend Jambalaya Rice with Shrimp and Sausage
- Remove the starch residue by rinsing the rice in warm water. In a pan add water and bring it to a boil, then pour in the rice. Let that cook, the same way you’d cook plain white rice. (Make sure the rice is 95% cooked, so it can finish off with the veggies).
- Add 1 tbsp of maggi, 1 tbsp of thyme, 1/2tbsp of OSK spice mix, bayleaves oil and mix. This is a good time to throw in the chopped onions.
- While the rice is cooking move onto the veggies, chop red peppers, scotch bonnet and make sure your vegetables and shrimp have fully defrosted, then drain the water out.
- Add all the veggies into a bowl and set aside. Leave the shrimp in a separate bowl, they will be added right at the end, so they don’t overcook.
- In a wok or wide pan, add 1/4 cup of oil. Pour in the vegetables (including chicken) add a tbsp of maggi and OSK spice mix & cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the rice is nice and fluffy, pour the vegetables and shrimp onto the rice and gently mix. (Make sure to turn the heat down to low).
- Once the vegetable is evenly spread, put the lid on & let it steam for around 2 minutes and it’s done.
All information is by One Stop Kitchen.