Any one pan meal is usually a gift as it saves you from doing additional dishes and cook time is usually quick. Looking for easy meals for date night dinner ideas? Our creamy chicken alfredo pasta made in a rich sauce made from butter, garlic and cream, is exactly what you need. This one pan pasta dish is a perfect dight night recipe that is best served with a crispy slice of garlic bread. For the best experience this dish should be made and consumed immediately.
for 4 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pack penne pasta (500g)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Garlic bread
- Start by cutting the chicken breast into bite size pieces (1 inch) the season with salt, grounded pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet pan and melt butter over medium heat. Add the chicken, spreading them in the pan, sautéed until evenly brown. Once done, remove chicken.
- In the same pan add more butter, garlic and sauté for 40 seconds. Add chicken broth and pasta, bring the heat to high. Cook pasta for 5-8 minutes until al dente.
- Add the heavy cream to mixture and bring the heat to medium. Add chicken and stir. At this point you can check sauce and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Once sauce starts to thicken add the parmesan cheese and stir. Allow to simmer for 3 mins.
- Okay, time to serve. Scoop pasta and sauce onto a serving bowl, garnish with fresh parsley and extra parmesan cheese. Paired with a warm crispy side of garlic bread.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.