This is a customisable fried rice recipe with any of your favourite mix-ins full of flavour. Just stir together this shrimp fried rice for a quick and easy homemade dinner. Leftover rice makes this super simple to bring together with stir-fried prawns and fresh veggies. A much-loved Chinese dish makes a great midweek meal, and at all times. Marinated shrimp and liver with stir-fried vegetables and rice, topped off with a fried egg. Irresistibly delicious!
for 6 servings
- 4 cups of rice
- Prawn/shrimp (220 g), cleaned and washed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 bell peppers, (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large onion
- Half kilo liver, cooked and diced (optional)
- Fried egg (optional)
- Mixed veggies (carrot, sweet peppers, peas, sweet corn)
- 2 seasoning cubes (Maggi or Knorr)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Curry powder
- Vegetable oil
- Parboil the rice. Neatly cooked that the grains don’t stick together. Drain water and set aside.
- Cook liver till done, cut and dice into tiny pieces, and set aside.
- Wash the vegetables, slice and chop them. Set aside.
- Put small amount of vegetable oil into a large frying pan. Whisk the fresh eggs and stir-in. Fry until scrambled.
- Add shrimps and diced liver. Stir in onion, and the veggies. Stirring all quickly and together with the scrambled eggs.
- Add seasoning, curry, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste if necessary. Stirring and frying for about 5 minutes until veggies and tender and shrimps done.
- Cover and let cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot. For sides, you can serve with fried chicken and dodo, or with salad.
See more Food recipes