Impress your lover to this Valentine’s Day special dinner recipe. An Italian classic – simple spaghetti recipe made with shrimp in a depth of flavourful rich tomato sauce. A vibrant pasta recipe that you can twist and adapt to fit every taste and occasion. From a romantic dinner for two with your other half to a favourite dinner with family and friends. This easy dinner recipe can come together in 30 minutes, and is truly delicious. The shrimp, bacon and blistered tomatoes gives it a touch of hearty healthy dish.
- 1 pack Spaghetti
- 1kg shrimp, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- Bacon, diced
- 1kg cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Ginger, minced or chopped
- Garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ chili flakes
- ½ thyme
- Chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Boil water in a large pot, salt it and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare sauce with tomatoes. In a large pan, heat up olive oil, then add garlic, ginger, and chili. Stir together for few seconds. Now add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and allow to cook. Stir occasionally until the tomatoes begin to blister and burst.
- While the sauce is cooking, use another pan to stir-fry shrimp and bacon in olive oil, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes until light done. Set aside.
- Once the tomato sauce is ready, add-in the cooked spaghetti, stir shrimp and bacon. Stir until well combined. Allow to simmer for few minutes until it thickens. Add water if needed, taste spaghetti and adjusted with salt and pepper as you desire.
- Garnish with fresh basil or your favourite culinary herb. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes