Add a little green to your breakfast favourite with this easy egg dish. And experience the depth of flavours and heat in this healthy-inspired omelette. Light and quick recipe but satisfying with sautéed vegetables – omelette stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, spinach and zucchini, and paired with organic salsa and mashed avocado.
for 2 serving
- 5 eggs
- Olive oil, for cooking
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and zucchini sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes, until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, add garlic powder, turmeric and salt, and whisk together until mostly smooth.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the whisked eggs to the pan. Let cook them until they were done all the way through.
- Spoon the sautéed vegetable onto the omelette for filling.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelette in half. Turn off the heat and allow the omelette steam for 3 minutes, until completely cooked through.
- Serve the omelette with salsa and mashed avocado.
See more Food recipes