This minced beef sausage roll recipe is quick and easy treat recipe, and its perfect for every occasion. They’re juicy and succulent, and packed with beef and chopped carrots. We have put together the step-by-step preparation guide on how to make a tasty minced beef roll recipe. Delicious snack rolls, perfect for filling hungry bellies!
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 potato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 50g grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 500 g quality lean beef mince
- 200 g tinned kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 500 g puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You could also use pork mince, lamb mince or even a mixture, and, during the season, make it even more interesting by adding some game.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Heat a frying pan and add a splash of olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic and celery, and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, until it’s all softened nicely.
- Add the spices, mix well, cook for another minute, then transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Once the vegetables have cooled completely, add the beef mince, kidney beans and tomato puree with a good pinch of salt and pepper and one of the beaten eggs. With clean hands, get right in there and scrunch everything together.
- Roll pastry into a rectangle large enough to wrap up the beef. Beat remaining egg with a little water and brush over pastry.
- Once it’s roughly the size of a tea towel, cut it into amount of rolls you’d like to make. Spoon the meat mixture over each piece. Sprinkle the grated cheese (any spread of your choice) over the meat, brush the bottom edge of the pastry with beaten egg and roll it up into a spiral. Seal both ends with your fingers. Repeat for each roll.
- Put the rolls onto a baking tray and brush each roll with remaining egg, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with simple beverage and mashed sauce of your choice.
See more Food recipes