Italian meatball soup recipe is a hearty feel-good soup loaded with sprinkles of pasta, veggies and tender-tasty meatballs. This is a simple recipe prepared in one pot that is ready in just 30 minutes. Serves 6-8 people. Delicious magic made in a tomato broth. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Here’s the recipe below.
- Olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, washed and diced
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- Dry pasta (your favorite pasta)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
Ingredients For Meatballs
- Ground beef (desired quantity)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded cheese
- Seasoning cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the olive oil in a large 8 quart pot and warm it using medium-high heat.
Chop the carrots and celery into bit, add them to the warm pot and cook vegetables for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, water, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir till they are well mixed. Cover the mixture and bring it to boil.
- Using a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients with your hands. Be careful not to over mix or your meatballs will not be tender.
- Using a tablespoon scoop to portion, using your hands to roll and shape the scoops into meatballs. One after the other, drop them into the broth, make sure they are distributed evenly around the pot. Cover the pot and allow the soup to boil for 5 minutes. Gently stir the meatballs so that they do not break apart.
- Add pasta and stir lightly. All mixture to cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Sprinkle basil and parsley over top, stir and serve.
See more Food recipes