Cornchaff recipe is a simple delicacy made with corn and beans. This meal is very popular in Cameroon. We have put together, a step-by-step recipe for this meal. This meal is favorite among many Cameroonians.
- Dried beans (or canned beans if you can’t access dried ones)
- Dried corn (or pre-cooked corn or sweet corn)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- Minced garlic
- Minced ginger
- Fresh tomatoes
- Palm oil
- Seasoning (maggi or knor cubes)
- Ground crayfish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil your corn (if using dried) till it is soft. If you are using sweet corn (canned) – go ahead and boil the beans till its tender.
- Prepare the spices; chop tomatoes and onions and blend with the rest of the ingredients.
- When the beans is well cooked, rinse it out – combine with corn and bring to pot. in a pot with a cup of water and set on medium heat.
- Combine corn and beans in one pot and bring to heat, add blended ingredients to the pot. Stir well to get all nicely mixed and spiced.
- Add palm oil, maggi (bouillion powder or liquid) , then put salt and pepper to taste. Simmer together and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with dodo (fried plantain). Or you can serve freshly cooked white rice, personal favourite.
See more Food recipes