This ultimate sweet potato nachos recipe brings all the flavours of everyone’s favourite Mexican snack. The classic indulgent snack. The nachos are layered with tomato, avocado, jalapeño, and topped with a jerk pork for a brilliant finishing touch. You may also top with bacon, jerk chicken, black beans – just about any topping of your choice. Drizzle garlic sour cream on top and dig in to enjoy every single layer. Your favourite nachos just got healthy using the fresh veggies and jerk topping, makes for a great source of vitamins and protein. Perfect for sharing, great for a party or a night in watching a film!
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ kg pork loin roast, pork shoulder
- 4 sweet potatoes, small
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup low-fat cheese
- 4 salad tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- 3 jalapeño pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C), and line some baking trays with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes, and evenly slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Put potato slices in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until well-coated.
- Transfer potatoes onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- On a second parchment-lined baking sheet, season pork loins with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Wrap the parchment around the pork, folding at the edges.
- Bake the sweet potatoes and the pork in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and juices run clear. Keep a close eye, and do not allow them to burn.
- Allow both to cool. Then, shred the pork using 2 forks.
- Line the bottom of a skillet or baking dish with the baked sweet potatoes. Top with shredded pork, cheese, and black beans if desired. Broil for about 5-10 minutes or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Alternatively, if using a baking dish, return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Keeping a close eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, tomatoes and jalapeño. Serve immediately.
See more Food recipes