This easy breakfast recipe brings together a classic Nigerian fried yam and sweet potatoes paired with fried eggs prepared with veggies. Fresh from our breakfast homemade recipes – veggie fried eggs, fried yam and fried sweet potatoes with some chilli sauce. Veggies fried eggs paired with fried sweet potatoes and fried yam is one of the easy, yet satisfying breakfast recipes you can whip up. This dish can be prepared with any kind of vegetables mixes you desire. These healthier breakfast treats can be eaten as full meals or side dishes – use some chilli sauce to give them a delicious taste before serving.
We also recommend Skewered Prawns and Fried Yam Recipe
- Halved yam tuber (peeled, cut and cleaned)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled, cut and cleaned)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 4 medium eggs
- Sweet pepper mix, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Seasoning cube; Maggi or Knorr
- 4 medium eggs
- Add oil in a large frying pan, place on below high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, carefully add in the yam slices – do not crowd the oil with too many yam slices, as frying too many at once will not allow it to crisp up.
- Fry yam until golden brown. Now fry the potatoes same way.
- Whisk the eggs and seasoning cube till fluffy and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil in a frying pan and place on medium heat, when it heats up, add the chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Then, add the chopped sweet peppers, continue to saute for another minute.
- Then slowly add in the whisked eggs. Mix the eggs together with the sweet pepper and onion and fry for about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat at this time.
- Serve with chilli sauce, or any sauce of your choice.
See more Food recipes