Tuwo shinkafa (rice fufu) is a Nigerian dish from the northern part of Nigeria prepared with rice. This dish is best served with a Northern Nigerian soup Miyan Kuka – but it also goes well with other Nigerian soups. This is a simple recipe delight from Nigerian foods.
- Rice * tuwo rice, not that regular rice*
- Wash rice properly and pour into a boiling pot of water do not add salt the water is way over the rice.
- Keep an eye to make sure the water doesn’t dry off, keep adding water till the rice is softer than the regular rice.
- When the rice has gotten to that point reduce the heat and start turning it with a turning stick continuously in one direction when the rice has finally mashed up.
- Turn back the heat and add some warm water into the rice, allow it cook for another 3 minutes. Give it a light stir.
- Turn off your burner and your tuwo shinkafa is ready. Best served with kuka soup.