One-pot chicken fajita pasta recipe is delicious combination of chicken and pasta meal with a twist – great for dinner and even better cold for lunch. This chicken fajita pasta step-by-step recipe is a great alternative to using wraps. Chicken marinated in fragrant garlic and fiery chilli, tossed through pasta and finished off with sautéed veggies. A delicious one-pot chicken fajita pasta that taste heavenly, simple yet flavour-packed meal.
- Chicken breasts (desired quantity), cut into bite-size portions
- Penn pasta
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic powder
- Fajita seasoning
- Fresh hot pepper, sliced
- Red & Yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- Large onion, sliced
- Tomato puree
- Seasoning cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
- Smoked paprika
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Mix together the smoked paprika, hot pepper, and garlic powder. Rub half into the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan and stir-fry chicken for about 5-6 minutes until golden all over and almost cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion along with the remaining spice, cook until tender. Season, then add the peppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes until just soft.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the tomato puree. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta. Taste for salt and seasoning – adjust accordingly if necessary.
- Sprinkle over with cheese to serve, if desired.
See more Food recipes