This minced beef wellington is the ultimate when it comes to puff pastry recipe. They’re juicy and succulent, and packed with beef and chopped carrots. Are you a lover of puff pastry snack? Then follow this handy prep guide by Oh Sweet Day! to learn to make this this delicious snack recipe. This minced beef wellington is fun to make and taste as good as it looks. Perfect for filling hungry bellies!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 potato
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 500 g good quality minced beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g puff pastry
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Peel and chop the onion, carrot, celery and potato into one-centimeter cubes.
- Place all vegetables and rosemary leaves into a frying pan with olive oil. Fry and stir for about 8 minutes or until vegetables soften and color.
- Put vegetables into large bowl to cool completely.
- Add the minced beef to the bowl with salt and pepper and half the egg. Scrunch together.
- Roll out pastry to size of small tea towel.
- Place mince mix along one long side, in sausage shape.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg and roll pastry to cover mince completely. Squeeze ends together.
- Put onto baking tray, brush with remaining egg. Bake for an hour until golden. Slice and serve with gravy.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.