This easy rice noodles recipe with well spiced sausage and prawns, for a family dinner you’ll want to make again and again. A delicious meal that can be prepared and cooked in under 45 minutes. You could use chicken or beef as an alternative if you prefer – only needs a handful of ingredients to add real flavour.
- Rice noodles, cooked as per package instructions
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 big onion, sliced
- Seasoned sausage, diced
- 250g prawns, peeled and de-veined (fresh or frozen)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice and oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl, whisk together and set to one side.
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, peppers, and thyme leaves. Stir-in the sausage and prawns to cook/wok pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook-fry, stirring occasionally, until the prawns turn pink and vegetables are slightly tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, stir together and bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning with soy sauce if necessary.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cucumber and coriander. Garnish with crushed red pepper and fresh parsley.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes