This fabulous lamb shanks stew is complemented by pairing it with freshly cooked rice. A gorgeous vibrant lamb sauce, beautifully juicy and meltingly tender. Mouthwatering slow cooked leg of lamb with a fresh and fragrant ingredients and spices. This sauce is perfect for every occasion to feed a crowd. This is the ultimate belly pleaser!
- Quality lamb shanks (desired quantity)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Garlic and ginger, grated
- Canned kidney beans, drained
- Fresh thyme, and curry leaves
- Sprigs of rosemary
- Seasoning cubes/liquid (Maggi/Knorr)
- Coriander and curry powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 wineglasses red wine (or white wine, if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add picked rosemary leaves, thyme and curry leaves, more of other mint leaves. Season with vegetable oil and Maggi, then whisk together. Peel and finely slice the carrots and onion, set aside.
- Slightly cut open the lamb shakes – slant openings big enough to rub in spices and seasoning. This will give an amazing flavour to the heart of the shanks.
- Place all the lamb shanks on baking/hot pan – season the lamb with the spicing and whisked ingredients on all sides of the lamb and in the openings. Add the onion and carrot together with the sweet peppers, rosemary, thyme and garlic.
- Carefully add swig of red wine into each lamb shank. Add tomatoes and all remaining ingredients – spreading it evenly all over the lamb shanks.
- Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven. Roast/cook in the oven for about 120 minutes, or until the meat is meltingly tender.
Garnish with fresh parsley, serve the lamb shank sauce with freshly cooked rice. Alternatively, you can just enjoy the meat and sauce, accompanied with your favourite drink. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes