Chicken mafe in peanut soup recipe is the ultimate chicken stew. Stir-fry and well simmered-all-day depth chicken. This peanut tomato sauce is so easy to make from start to finish! Here’s the step by step recipe.
- Chicken thighs/wings (Or boneless and skinless chicken) in desired quantity
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Tomato paste
- Fresh hot peppers
- Sweet peppers, chopped (red, green, yellow)
- Vegetable oil
- Minced ginger and garlic
- Seasoning cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
- Homemade chicken brought
- Smooth peanut butter
- Coconut milk
- Fresh mint/scent leaves
- Place the chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl, season and spice with Maggi, thyme, garlic, ginger, and hot pepper. Rub all over the over the chicken until its well distributed.
- In a large nonstick pot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions and stir until soft and slightly brown. Add the tomato paste and salt, and stir well.
- Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the peanut butter, tomato paste, thyme, ginger and coconut milk, and simmer for two minutes, whisking to incorporate the ingredients. Add the stir-fry chicken to the pan and cook uncovered over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens.
- Add all the prepared vegetables and mint leaves simmer 5 minutes more.
- Serve over freshly cooked white rice.
See more Food recipes