This tasty Asian-inspired dish is simple to make and full of flavour, thanks to the addition of fragrant tamarind paste. Healthy tamarind wok seared salmon recipe that is perfect for an easy brunch, lunch or midweek dinner. Wonderfully delicious salmon paired stir-fried noodles mixed with sticky soy sauce and fiery chilli. Extra yummy benefits from being paired with freshly cooked broccoli, mushrooms and jalapeño. A great deal of flavour and takes no time at all to make!
for 4 servings
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, in chunks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 600g straight-to-wok noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups mushroom, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to the frying pan. Sear the salmon until golden and cooked through, then take the salmon out.
- Put the noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave them to soak for 4 minutes and then drain them.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and mushroom, cooking until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the salmon back to the pot with salt, pepper, tamarind paste, lime juice, stirring until evenly coated, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile at the same time on a different burner. Add remaining oil in another frying and cook the noodles.
- Add the soy sauce and stir to combine. Adjust to taste with desired spices, stirring constantly to prevent any noodles from sticking.
- To serve, dish salmon and veggies on the plate and add noodles next to it. Top with lime wedge.
See more Food recipes