Just like any other Chinese inspired stir fry dish, shrimp in oyster sauce is no different: quick and easy recipe with an explosion of flavours. Our butter garlic prawns in oyster sauce recipe is healthy, tasty, and easy to make. Follow our handy prep guide to learn how to make your own juicy buttered shrimp with oyster sauce that is better than take away and will be ready in just matter of minutes. Served this rich shrimp gravy over steamed rice, vegetables or noodles. You choose!
for 2 servings
- 1lb King Prawn (500g), clean and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon black bean
- 1 chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ each bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- Salt, to taste
- Start by adding soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic to the shrimp in a bowl and let vibe out on the side (marinate) for 20 mins.
- Heat a wok or skillet pan over high heat, and melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add minced ginger and garlic to pan and sauté for 2 mins. After which drain the marinade off and add shrimp to pan. Careful not to overcook, stir fry shrimp for 2 minutes until pink. And “C” shaped, never “O”. C is cooked, O is over cooked.
- Add sliced bell peppers, green onions, ground peppers, black bean and oyster sauce. Stir well over medium heat for 1 minute. Until sauce is slightly thick.
- It’s time to serve. As previously mentioned, this flavourful stir fry shrimp gravy can be served over your choice of vegetables, noodles or rice. This dish will be absolutely delightful with which ever you decided to pair it with. Garnish with baby tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.