Here’s our easy smoked barbecue ribs step-by-step recipe, soaked in BBQ marinade and leave them to slow cook all afternoon to juicy perfection. Tender BBQ ribs, succulent and buttery in texture for your tastebuds.
- Pork/lamb rib rack
- Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- Ginger, and garlic, roughly chopped
- Parsley leaves
- Smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- Place the onion, pepper, garlic, parsley, brown sugar, paprika, mustard powder, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, olive oil and chilies in a mini food processor and blitz until smooth. Rub the ribs all over with the cut sides of the lemon and then the spice marinade mixture.
- Place in a large roasting pan or resealable plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- About 30 minutes before grilling/smoking, remove the ribs from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark 3, lightly brush the grates with vegetable oil and place the ribs on the cooler side of the grill, meat-side up. Cover the ribs with tin foil and bake for 3½-4 hours, until completely soft when inserted with a knife.
- Turn the oven up to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6 and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until sticky and deep golden all over.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into individual ribs.
- Serve and enjoy with the reserved sauce!
See more Food & Drinks recipes