From thyme and to ginger and garlic cloves, liven up your goat curry with a mix of fragrant spices. Our curry recipe is packed full of flavour and spiced to perfection. Make the traditional Jamaican curry goat recipe at the comfort of your home. Perfect for pairing with freshly boiled rice, yam or potatoes. Learn how to make this comforting and extremely tasty goat curry with our step-by-step recipe.
for 6 servings
- 1 ½ kg boneless goat meat, cut into chunks/cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper, or any hot pepper of choice
- 4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups goat broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Wash meat in a mixture of warm water and salt. Season goat meat with salt, 1 tablespoon curry, pepper and allspice. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until oil is lightly shimmering.
- Add the goat meat to the pot and stir fry for about 7 minutes until meat is brown.
- Stir in the onions, garlic, ginger, paprika, thyme, cayenne, nutmeg, cinnamon, tomato paste, and the remaining curry powder.
- Pour in the meat broth, stirring well to incorporate. Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, so the pot content is at a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook for over an hour, stirring occasionally until the goat meat is tender.
- Serve with plain rice, and garnish with vegetable salad.
See more Food recipes