Goat meat pepper soup with boiled plantain recipe will give you a crazy tender melt in your mouth. Goat meat and hearty plantain slow cooked to perfection in a rich spices and flavours. This meal is comforting and perfect for the cold days and good moments with family and friends!
- Goat meat with bones (desired quantity)
- Unripe plantain (desired quantity)
- Minced ginger and garlic
- Mint/scent leaves
- Pepper soup spice mix
- Fresh hot pepper, thinly sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut plantain into sizeable chunks. Set aside.
- Wash and chop the goat meat to desired bits. Put cleaned meat in cooking pot – spice and season with ginger, garlic, onion, seasoning cubes and salt. Cover pot, place on low heat and leave to simmer without water for about 10 minutes. This allows the meat to release its natural juices and flavour.
- After the 10 minutes, add enough water to cover just above the meat, leave to boil for 10 minutes. Then add the plantain. Allow to cook for another 20minutes or until both the meat and plantain are getting soft. The water should still be above the meat. If not, add some more water to level up.
- Add the sliced fresh pepper and the pepper soup spice mix. Taste for salt and seasoning – adjust if necessary. Cook till meat are tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Pair it with fresh bread, if you desire or with any side dish of choice. It is so satisfying.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.