Looking to make a Nigerian soup? Get started with our Nigerian okra soup step-by-step recipe. It is one of the best Nigerian soups. This simple soup highlights the flavours of assorted meat and seafood: delicious and healthy. The potato okra this soup enough drawnness to make it a satisfying dish. Read and follow our handy prep guide to learn how to make your own okra soup. A recipe that is easy to make and taste as good as it looks!
- Fresh okra, diced or grated
- Fresh ugu/pumpkin leaves (spinach as substitute)
- Ground hot pepper
- Beef, cut in bits
- Soft kpomo, cut in bits
- King prawns
- Smoked fish
- Dried fish
- Ground crayfish
- Seasoning cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the beef in water with onion slices, seasoning cubes and salt till it is done. Then add the ponmo to the pot and top up with some water. Bring to boil.
- Add the crayfish then the smoked fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper and periwinkles (if using). Cook some more. Add seasoning cubes and adjust salt to taste.
- Then add prawns, cover pot and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now add diced okra and vegetables, stir well. Cover pot and allow to simmer.
- Serve with eba (garri), or swallow of choice.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.