Gingerbread waffles are an easy indulgence and best served with vanilla glaze, or with your favourite berry jam. This gingerbread waffles recipe makes for a great breakfast, or a tasty dessert to finish off a perfect dinner.
- Flour (choose the type you like)
- Baking powder
- Ground ginger
- Melted butter
- Greek yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
- Vanilla glaze topping
- Vanilla extract
Tip: adapt quantity/measurement depending on number of people to be served.
- Preheat waffle maker on medium-high heat
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside (flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt)
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together (melted butter, molasses, milk, yogurt and eggs)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together. Don’t overmix
- Let it batter rest for about 5 minutes
- Using a cup or cooking spoon, scoop out batter and pour onto hot greased waffle iron
- Flip when bubbles form, and cook until waffle is crispy on the outside and golden brown
- about 3-4 minutes
- Prepare vanilla glaze. Use electric mixer, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Serve immediately. Top with vanilla glaze, or cream and syrup of choice.
See more Food recipes