Looking for a new family favourite recipe? These tasty chicken and vegetable omelette roll ups are the ideal healthy treat. A different approach to the tried and tested chicken and broccoli omelette rolls, using thinly chicken breasts ensures your meat gets crispy fried and delicious in no time – the perfect taste and texture contrast to the eggs and vegetables. For breakfast or brunch, experience the depth of flavours and heat in this healthy-inspired chicken broccoli omelette rolls recipe. There is plenty of spice to enjoy!
- 8 eggs
- Splash of water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 carrots; peeled and sliced thinly into matchsticks
- 2 packets sweet purple broccoli; blanched
- 6 spring onions; finely sliced
- 2 chicken breasts; sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Simple Truth Sweet & Spicy BBQ Rub
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the peanut butter satay sauce:
- ½ cup (125 ml) Simple Truth Peanut Butter
- ½ garlic clove; crushed
- ½ chilli; deseeded and finely chopped
- Squeeze of lime, to taste
- Dash of soy sauce, to taste
- Whisk eggs and water together until just scrambled.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pour in a little of the egg mixture, swirling it around the pan to make a thin open omelette. Cook for a few seconds before turning over and frying the other side.
- Repeat until egg mixture is finished, and you have made a couple of open omelettes.
- Place the sliced chicken onto a plate and season well with the BBQ rub, salt and pepper.
- Using the same pan, heat a little more oil and fry the chicken until cooked through.
- To assemble; place the egg omelette onto a board and scatter a little of all the ingredients down the centre. Roll into a pancake and slice into bite size rolls.
- To make the peanut butter satay sauce; mix together all ingredients and pour into a dipping bowl.
- Serve the omelette rolls, cold or warm, together with the satay sauce.
Be sure to pin and share the photo below to save this tasty recipe for later!
See more Food recipes