Our garlic herb pork chops are coated generously in garlic butter and herbs, using a very hot cast iron or skillet gives it a beautiful sear on the outside and retain all the juice and moisture inside the perfectly selected slices of pork chops. This is a great go-to date night recipe as it is easy with a gourmet finish. This pork chop dish is perfect with a side salad. These nicely seared garlic herb pork chops, will be tender and dripping with juices with each cut. Served with a bowl of fresh salad and a glass of your favourite red wine to top it off. A perfect seared recipe that doubles as a fun idea for a dinner date.
for 2 servings
- 1 ½ lb pork chops (2 bone in pork chop)
- Olive oil
- Garlic butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Fresh herbs
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon grounded pepper
- Fresh mixed leaf salad
- Rinse pork chop and pat dry.
- Combine garlic butter, garlic, thyme, parsley, herbs, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl. After mixing these ingredients together generously coat the pork chops evenly covering it completely. Marinate overnight or up to 1 hour if you are preparing it straight away.
- Heat a large cast iron or skillet over high heat then add olive oil. Before adding the pork chops remove any visible garlic pieces to prevent it from burning too quick.
- Add pork chops and cook on each side for 1 min. Use a spatula to press the meat so it creates a nice sear on each side. Reduce to medium heat, flip chops after every minute for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins turn off the stove. Add garlic butter and thyme. Once butter is melted use a spoon to coat both pieces of meat 5-10 times. Allow chops to rest for 4 mins before slicing.
- Serve the pork chops with salad or your favourite sides.
See more Food recipes
Have a recipe of your own to share? Submit your recipe here.