Treat your guests to a taste of the Caribbean with our jerk chicken salad step-by-step recipe. This vibrant barbecue chicken healthy dish is singing with flavour and tastes incredible. Wonderfully healthy chicken salad with a tasty twist, thanks to tons of Caribbean flavour. Marinating chicken in jerk paste makes it fantastically fiery, and grilling to bit-burnt really helps tenderise the chicken, whilst fresh vegetable mix add extra freshness to this summertime salad.
for 4 servings
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomato, halved (200g)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2 cups quality jerk sauce, and extra for drizzle
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean chicken, remove skin, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Toss in the chicken thighs and mix well. Drizzle with Jerk sauce and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least one hour.
- In a grill pan, cook each side of the chicken on a high heat until there is a nice sear on the surface of the chicken, and the inside is no longer pink. Grill till the desired taste is achieved. Set chicken aside.
- Using oven grill? Preheat oven on medium-high heat—about 200º C. Once the grill is heated, place marinated chicken thighs onto the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes, flip, and grill for another 5-7 minutes. Grill till the desired taste is achieved. Set chicken aside.
- Place the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and avocados in a large salad bowl.
- Slice cooked chicken thighs and top to the salad bowl.
- Serve with salad sauce chosen by you.
See more Food recipes