Learn to make the perfect Philly-style chicken cheesesteak wrap at home with this easy recipe. Grilled tender shredded chicken wrapped up in soft pita bread with a homemade sauce made with your favourite spices. This is a delicious comfort food in a wrap, and one of the popular street foods around the world. Grilled chicken cheesesteak marinated in a fragrant mixture of spices. The most hearty chicken wraps, stuffed with cheese earthy veggies, and can also be topped with a drizzle of zingy yogurt sauce. Chicken cheesesteak wrap is truly sustaining and nutritious!
for 4 servings
- 1kg boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sliced or powdered hot chili peppers
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheese, shredded divided
- 4 pita bread, or 4 whole wheat tortillas
Tip: Use your DRY favourite seasoning and spices mixes for marinating the chicken. Best taste to your choice.
- Cut chicken into bits. Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together, add the chicken thighs and coat evenly. Cover, chill and allow to marinate for about 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Glaze skillet with olive oil and place over medium high heat.
- Add marinated chicken to the heated pan and grilled with sliced onion and hot pepper. Cook and stir still chicken is done.
- Lay your pita bread or warm tortillas and spread cheese in an evenly.
- Top with grilled chicken, and extra chili peppers and extra veggies if using.
- Tightly fold sides of tortilla to form a shawarma or burrito.
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Place the wraps and grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until wraps are crispy and golden.
- Remove from heat, slice in half, and serve hot.
See more Food recipes