Indulgent protein-rich salad that works brilliantly as part of a barbecue or summer dinner. Tender mouth-watering peppered goat meat tossed with zingy Italian dressing, avocado, tomatoes, baby cucumber and iceberg lettuce. The smoky asun (peppered goat meat) celebrate the fresh flavours of Nigerian cuisine. Asun and avocado salad is a great-tasting and hearty healthy salad packed with chunky slices of vibrant and fresh ingredients.
for 4 servings
- 1 kg goat meat, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons or more Maggi. Adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 baby cucumber
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 4 avocados, diced
- 3 cups cherry tomato, halved
- 3 tablespoons spicy Italian dressing, or caesar dressing
- Wash and clean the meat and bring to boil in a cooking pot. Season with salt, onion, pepper, bouillon powder or liquid. Cook until tender, and once done, separate meat from the stock.
- In a wok pan, heat oil on medium-low. Add cooked goat meat and stir-fry on low for about 10 minutes, frying every few minutes or until brown.
- Add onion, scotch bonnet pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger. Stir together and continue cooking for about 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, eggs, avocados, cucumber, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, asun, and dressing.
- Toss the salad until evenly coated and serve.
See more Food recipes