Fancy a flavour-packed meal? Simply pull out your pan and whip up this hearty rice dish. Stir together this jambalaya rice for a quick and easy dinner for you and loved ones. This is a delicious one-pot recipe is made with spicy and seasoned shrimp, sausage and vegetables all cooked together. In this post, we’re giving you the complete recipe and how to prepare it. Enjoy!
See more Food recipes
- Pre-cooked white rice (basmati, jasmine, uncle ben – your choice)
- Chopped sweet bell peppers (red, yellow & green)
- 1 medium sized onion
- Skinless smoked sausage
- Olive oil
- Creole seasoning
- Small or medium peeled shrimp
- Dice cherry tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon bouillon cubes or powder or liquid
- Mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice chilli and prepare the vegetables and the shrimp, slice the sausage into thin slices
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium-high
- In cooking pan, heat butter or oil on medium-high; add the chopped sweet peppers, sausage, garlic, all spice and onions; toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Stir and cook
- When its boiling, add the long grained rice and cook until most of the liquid has reduced & the rice is cooked then add the shrimp cook for 3 mins. Serve and enjoy immediately!
See original recipe here!